I’m a man, I get angry quite a lot. I’m an angry man. I’m also relatively young… I’m an angry young man. It’s like a grumpy old man except without the right-wing views or the inability to get over the fact that prog-rock will never be fashionable.
Having said this, despite many people’s assumptions, I’m not actually a hollow shell of a man as devoid of life and joy as a Tattooine post office. There are a few things that do bring a smile to my cynical face. While there’s too many to list (well, there’s about 11,) here is a quick rundown of some things that don’t make me want to hurl myself out of a window.
- The works of Stan Lee and Alan Moore – The only thing better than a political or social allegory is a political or social allegory dressed in spandex hurling a car into a ne’er-do-well’s face.
- Angry Birds – I’m ashamed to say I own all the versions on two operating systems. App stores should display a “don’t you think you’ve downloaded enough?” pop-up after your third purchase, with two buttons: “I have a problem” and “I’ll tell you when I’ve had enough! I can stop anytime I want dammit!”
- Music – An art form that transcends cultural and historical boundaries, uniting people in a common emotional experience. Although mainly punk rock, because all that emotional experience stuff is for hippies, yo.
- Beers and beer-like beverages – Like many people I’m rather partial to a cold one. Although being British, I also like warm beer with a stupid name and a texture so thick it could be cast in a regional reality show.
- Nature – We have an understanding, it doesn’t try to kill me with sharks or rockslides and I stay in the city and out of its way, but it’s nice to know it’s out there and I fully support the keeping of it. After all, everyone loves lying on the grass on a hot summers day but it will get you kicked out of the stadium before half-time.
And there’s a few other things that I won’t bore you with, mostly because I’m trying to make this blog funny and talking about positive stuff has the same effect on my humour as an irate sparrow through a pig’s kitchen window (I’m not sure what that means but I’m pretty sure it’s… not… good).
Oh and I’m a Twittererer…er too at: twitter.com/ChaigOVara